CURRENTLY: New York City, NY

Goodbyes and Butterflies

More in the The Episodes

Note
- The is the final episode of an 80-day video blogging experiment called Around America in 2.0, through which Matt Danzico was driven, housed and fed around the continental United States by strangers on the internet.

Watch the request video to learn more about how the project got its start.

10 Responses

1. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

YAY! Matt, That was awesome!

Posted by Theresa on 12 December 2007 at 9:58 am

2. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Congrats on a memorable 80 days. It was great to see and inspring to hear that “the ride ” was what mattered. Well put.

so.. when u coming back to da hood, holmes?

Posted by Chirag Patel on 12 December 2007 at 12:27 pm

3. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Wonderful post Matt- Looking forward to your next adventure.
    peace.desmal

Posted by desmal on 12 December 2007 at 4:31 pm

4. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Lovely ending to a most splendid endeavor! The other band however was none other than Let’s French…

Posted by Nate on 12 December 2007 at 6:08 pm

5. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Congrats once again. Seems like you have experienced, learned, and lived much. So glad to see your journey did you well; I hope it is but the beginning for you. Great having you in our lives for a second. Wishes for the best of life from here. Bye Matt and Around America in 2.0!

Posted by Taryn on 12 December 2007 at 9:05 pm

6. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Just wanted to say I did a similar trip except on my bike a few years back when I was 22. I went from Yorktown, VA to Vegas. Watching your videos reminded me about how great and kind the vast majority of people are. One of my fondest memories was asking someone for some bread to put my peanut butter on but I was instead rewarded with a huge pot roast dinner. Perfect. It truely is the journey that matters. Thanks for posting these videos. You made my day.

-Phred-

Posted by Fred Schade on 14 December 2007 at 12:05 pm

7. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Matt! You made it!!! So happy too see you’ve made it full circle and that you’re safely back home. I’m so happy to have been part of your trip- I’ll let you know if I’m ever in NYC so we can meet up! - Rebecca from Columbia -

Posted by Rebecca Norris on 27 December 2007 at 11:16 am

8. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Of course you had a wonderful trip. The vast majority of people, if given the chance, will almost inevitably become extraordinarily generous. I am never surprised at the generousity of complete strangers.

Posted by Leighsah on 1 January 2008 at 2:49 pm

9. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Matt

I’m stoked I was a part of your project. Our “trip” thru the desert made me realize how much I miss it there and I am moving back to AZ to continue my “ride” thru life. Much Love to Ya! xoxo

Posted by Girlie on 2 January 2008 at 8:32 pm

10. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Good Job Matt. It is really beautiful to see this awesome generosity from strangers in more and more places.

I am embarking on my own similar trip in 6 days. I have my own wheels, but no money, and my mission is to bring strangers together by staging random acts of kindness, showing documentaries, and doing community services along the way. Please see more info at zeitgeistonwheels.com. I would like to feature you as an inspiration on the ‘people’ page, let me know if you are into that.

Also thank you for making a video of this trip. As I start out, I have no camera, but I am confident that one will find me along the way.

I am happy for you, thanks for spreading good energy!

Posted by Jeff on 27 February 2009 at 12:31 am