CURRENTLY: New York City, NY

Halloween and the Kids of Mexico

More in the The Episodes

By the way, one thing I didn’t mention is that I’m stuck in El Paso, TX. I need to be in San Antonio by Saturday and I currently have no idea how I’m going to get across the Texan desert. If anyone has any ideas, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line!

Thanks!
Matt

11 Responses

This is definately my favourite episode.
    Thanks for posting this.

Posted by Drea on 31 October 2007 at 8:33 pm

2. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

excellent insight, matthew dear. very sincere & thought provoking.

Posted by sarah on 31 October 2007 at 9:09 pm

3. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Well done.

Posted by Amanda Booth on 1 November 2007 at 8:53 am

4. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

i’m from el paso, i have lived there for 25 years and just recently moved to phoenix. you captured what others are blind to. it brought tears to my eyes because el paso has so much and our neighbor mexico has so little. this will open the eyes of people. thank you for reminding me that i have nothing to complain about, i should be great full for what i have, and how i need to lend a helping hand out to those around me even more.

Posted by Bird on 1 November 2007 at 12:36 pm

5. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Riveting and heartbreaking.

Posted by Girlie on 1 November 2007 at 3:03 pm

6. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Posted by texx on 1 November 2007 at 6:35 pm

7. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Nothing new to those living in El Paso. Our city is great, and our city is big. Some of us just wish Mexico and Juarez did more for their people. Yes, they are poor. El Paso is not the richest of towns either, but we have everything else any city in The UNITES STATES has, striving economy, Education outlets, and jobs. Living in the USA, the things you can achieve in life have only you in the way. It’s all about you getting off your butt and doing it. In Juarez, or in Mexico, you do not really have your government backing your plan for life. Mexico, help your PEOPLE. I’m a Hispanic, but I’m an American first. I want our sides to converge, but not when one side refuses to help themselves.

Posted by wishingMexicoDidMore on 2 November 2007 at 11:57 am

8. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

I’m also from el paso. This scene is much too familiar but it is, at times, something I can’t help. Mexico is where they are from, I don’t think it is none of my business but at the same time, I believe there isn’t much I can do. I do my part to make this country better and I’m greatful and for you sir,….(the guy traveling across and around the country) and, good luck. I would drive you to San Antonio but school and work has taken over my life….sorry…I can’t do anything about it….

Posted by Oscar on 3 November 2007 at 2:24 am

9. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Truth. we spoke about this some during your stay. It’s great to see more of your insight into this issue. I’m all to aware of the disparity between the U.S. and our neighbors… yet somehow many just don’t see or care. I’m glad you have eyes, and are sharing them with others. It’s needed.

Posted by Taryn on 12 November 2007 at 9:22 am

10. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

I grew up not too far from where you filmed the fence and have always felt exactly like you do.

David

Posted by David O. on 19 November 2007 at 4:12 pm

11. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

You struck a cord with your El Pasoan fans. I am also from the EP. It is unfortunate. If you ever travel to the city again, visit Sparks. The neighborhood is on the US side and is a step up from the the one you posted.

AS for wishingMexicodidmore, do your research. Most of those you say don’t do their part are and 10 times harder. It’s a difficult fight to get your Human Rights against two countries, Mexico and the US.

Posted by christina on 4 December 2007 at 11:46 pm