CURRENTLY: New York City, NY

A Confusing Day in the Life of…

More in the The Episodes

Hi guys!

As stated before, I’m currently in Oakland, California. I made it here via a rideshare on Craiglist.org three days ago. This morning I did an interview with Pat Brown, a former member of the Black Panther Party here in the bay. She was quite interesting to say the least. Anyway, there will be no update this Friday, so check back Monday for the next episode. Please tune in Monday for my interview with her.

Enjoy the fall weather this weekend!

Best,
Matt

7 Responses

1. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

-This was rather entertaining,and it looks like some pretty fun stuff and are doing…random yet fun!!!!
    more power to ya man-

Posted by fun stuff on 11 October 2007 at 10:06 pm

2. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Hey Matt, good stuff, this project looks ace. I’m starting my travels in three weeks and can’t wait. Keep up the good work.

Posted by Adam Slater on 12 October 2007 at 10:52 am

3. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Hi, Matt–

Sorry about my sloppy camera work, but glad you got footage of Frog. Thanks for coming up to Eugene’s Cascades Raptor Center to see the owls!

Posted by Melissa Hart on 12 October 2007 at 2:16 pm

4. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

I love watching the videos, very entertaining! I’m still amazed every day that you’re out there…keep it up! :)

Posted by Amanda Booth on 12 October 2007 at 7:12 pm

5. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

“Frog” is a colorful character and mainstay on the streets of Eugene and Saturday Market. He makes his living selling his own crafted joke books.
    It was fun to see him again after so many years of my having escaped Eugene. He looks the same.. sounds the same.
    His jokes are really corny.

Posted by bill (washington, dc) on 14 October 2007 at 5:49 pm

6. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

Matt!
    I have been so caught up in my own project I lost track of yours… now that things have calmed down a bit I am picking up some loose ends…WOW!!!!! I am totally inspired by what you have done! Loved the video, can’t wait to view the ones I missed… and I’m subscribing…NOW!!!!!!!

All my best!
    Kathryn Jones

Posted by kathryn on 15 October 2007 at 8:56 am

7. Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mdanzico/aroundamerica.dreamhosters.com/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 74

This my favorite video so far. I love it that you told the journalism students that the path they have chosen is a sinking ship. Maybe now that ship will sink a little faster. I laughed out loud watching you awkwardly get drunk with thoses college girls; wish I was there. I know you can’t offer money to a volunteer, but it’s not in the rules about sexual favors. Ha ha ha. Just kidding! We both know that thought never crossed your mind…

Posted by cohen on 17 October 2007 at 9:08 am